Florida/Orange County CSI

Tina
I've been trying to find a local crime scene investigator or someone who works closely with one and have had no luck. I have completed 117 credits towards my BS in forensic science. I'm trying to get into the field before graduation and would love to have contact with someone to get more information.
Liz

Re: Florida/Orange County CSI

Liz
It's a tough field to get into. Don't have the expectation of staying local and getting your foot in the door at the same time. I had to move 2,000 miles away from home for my first job.

Re: Florida/Orange County CSI

Tina Marie
I'm not expecting a local job even though a promising one just opened up and I find out if I get an interview this week. I would just like contact with a local CSI. I briefly talked to one that I ran into at a store, but this was before I knew what information I needed
EFB

Re: Florida/Orange County CSI

EFB
I just saw this post so I may be a little late to help.  I work for a local agency in Orange County FL.  If I can be of assistance your welcome to contact me.

Re: Florida/Orange County CSI

Sknappa2s
I also think being involved in organizations will help you with network opportunities.  Check out the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.  It is not a college per se but it is an organization that certifies people in the forensic field. The phone number is 800-423-9731, ask for Shellie.