Follow up after CSI interview

Tina
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I went to a interview for csi and they didn't give me a time frame on when they would be getting back to me. I know they have to do the background check and that takes a few weeks. Everything I have read says it might take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. I wanted to know if anyone thinks I should contact them after that time period to see what the status is? Thank you for your help.
Joe

Re: Follow up after CSI interview

Joe
A lot of it depends on the agency you're applying to...with the job I have, I had a phone interview with the director and it was about a month later when I had my panel interview...Long story short, from the time I first spoke with the forensics director until the day I started took about 8 months. Good luck :)

Joe

Re: Follow up after CSI interview

Tina
I live in St.Louis and had to fly to texas for the interview, they would not do phone interviews and it was for the police department. I just don't want to be a pest but I would like to know how the process is going. The only thing they said was that if I got a conditional job offer I would have to come back for the rest of the testing (polygraph, physical,psychological testing).

RE: Follow up after CSI interview

Buikem
HELLO,
To me, I think you should contact them to find out if they are through with the background check as the stated. I think such a reminder will also make them know you are still interested in the job.
Thanks

Buikem

NAML<
http://crime-scene-investigator-forum.1487094.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Follow up after CSI interview

Tina
Thank you for all your help!