Forensic Photographer Information

Dominique
I am interested in photographing crime scenes for a career. From this site, I've learned that this is called a forensic photographer. Does anyone know how I could get into this field? I am currently attending an art school with photography as a concentration and am in the progress of achieving my Bachelor of Arts degree. Help is much needed and appreciated.

Thank you

Re: Forensic Photographer Information

Wilson CSI
To be up front there are not a lot of jobs for just forensic photography.  There may be a couple jobs with a couple agencies that use a forensic photographer. The vast majority if the photographs are done by Crime scene personnel in conjunction to processing the scene collecting evidence and etc...

Re: Forensic Photographer Information

joseph958rauch
Hello Dominique, I can't be helpful in this. But it's a job that needs to be done. I went on a ride a long with a Crime Scene Investigator, and usually they may take the photographs. However, I have seen photographers out there, where they may work with someone from the police departments, good luck to you in this future field.