Forensic Scientist - DNA

DNANERD
Hi, I am in undergrad right now and am planning on getting my Bachelor's of Science in Genetics and another in Biochemistry. There are not many forensic classes that I can take, and I was wondering if there is anything else I should do before I graduate. Is there anyway I could get an internship or something?

Re: Forensic Scientist - DNA

Sknappa2s
I also think being involved in organizations will help you when you complete your degree.  Check out the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.  It is not a college per se but it is an organization that certifies people in the forensic field. The phone number is 800-423-9731, ask for Shellie.

Re: Forensic Scientist - DNA

Crime Lab Intern
Contact your local crime lab(s) with your resume and cover letter, asking if they allow volunteers/interns. You will most likely have to pass a background check to get access into the crime lab. Also, while there, you can then ask the Criminalists/Forensic Scientists for advice on what you need in addition to a B.S. in science to get in to their lab or one similar.