Future

Peachy123
Hello, I'm 14 almost 15 (after the summer holidays i'll be in year 10 -ENGLAND) and i really want this to be my career, i want to collect samples and run tests doing the actually field work and the science part. What lessons and qualifications would i need? I've thought about this for a while and although the real life career is ever so different from the TV shows, by watching them has persuaded and inspired me even more. Help is most needed and welcome:-)

Re: Future

Peachy—

It appears that you are in England, and I am not sure abut all the requirements there to be a CSI or Forensic Scientist. But you may be able to get a general idea from what is required in the United States by looking at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 250 jobs listed (most are in the USA) in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree.

Peachy123 wrote