Have degree in Health Science...What now

Have degree in Health Science...What now

stevestone1988
I have a B.S  in Health Science and am looking for a career in the forensic field.  I am unsure of where to search ( and what terms to use)  because I don't know what I qualify for.  Any help would be appreciated.  Just to give an idea, I have coursework in chemistry, biology, microbiology, anatomy, physiology, and others; but more geared towards the human body (kinesiology or instance)

Thanks for any help,

Steve Stone

Re: Have degree in Health Science...What now

Angela
Well, depends on what kind of job you're interested in. Most forensic science laboratory jobs place a greater emphasis on chemistry (gen chem, orgo, biochem, etc) rather than the biological sciences. However, different departments have different requirements. So, if that's what you're interested in pursuing go for it.

I suggest you look through the "Employment" page on this website (CSI.net) to get an idea of what terms to search. Hope this helps!

Re: Have degree in Health Science...What now

Steve—

There are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require.

If you want to work in the laboratory as a criminalist or forensic scientist, most agencies look for a B.S. in a natural science, such as Biology, with a suitable amount of chemistry.

stevestone1988 wrote