Help Needed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view

Help Needed

I am writing to you for some assistance. I have become involved in a case that seemingly has no winning outcome. Almost 3 years ago, 2 year old Juliette was murdered in her home. Her family has been torn apart because of this murder. This is what her aunt has to say about the case. It has a lot of the details:
“This is long but an overview of the case.

In the spring of 2010 our family was finally able to obtain the autopsy report. It confirmed that Juliette died from multiple blunt force trauma which included a lacerated liver and head trauma. She had other injuries, but the 4 inch laceration to her liver caused her death per Mr. Weimer former DA in September 2008.

Juliette and Jaelyn’s Father was attending Army bootcamp at the time of Juliette’s murder. Jaelyn is currently in permanent custody of her Father and Paternal Grandparents. He will be leaving soon for his 3rd tour of duty overseas...........

On July 10th, 2008 Juliette spent the day at Oregan Trail Days, a local annual festivity with her twin Sister Jaelyn, their Mother, her boyfriend, and her other roommate and ex. boyfriend. They didn’t arrive home reportedly until midnight after stopping at the liquor store.

At 3 a.m. on July 11th, 2008 the mother and her boyfriend took Juliette to the Emergency Room and reported they had witnessed a seizure and that she was running a temperature. The hospital reports that Juliette was responding normally, and after examination was sent home with instructions to be monitored closely and to follow up with her primary doctor. Juliette was released around 4 a.m. Upon returning home the mother claims she put Juliette to bed around 4:30a.m., and took a sleeping pill around 5a.m. ... Yes Sleeping Pill!!!! Who was going to take care of Juliette with her seizure and temperature and Jaelyn when she woke up?????

Upon waking up over 7 hours later just before noon. The mother claims that she found Juliette not breathing in her crib. The details get sketchy from here. What we do know is they went to the neighbor’s home where the neighbor called 911. Why the two boyfriends or mommy didn’t use their cell phones, we don’t know. The mother did call her brother who arrived around the same time as the authorities. The mother claims she can't talk about the case because a police officer instructed her not too. Isn't that interesting. Really!!

We have heard for nearly 3 years from the Scottsbluff District Attorney’s Office that they are working the case and that justice will be done. First, from Weimer DA, who is now a Judge and then from Wasserberger former DA and now the new DA Mr. Warner who was from the Attorney General’s Office and has been assigned this case for over 2 years and is the now new Scottsbluff DA. He too preaches the same rhetoric they have told our family nothing for nearly 3 years.

We have been told that the problem with this case is that since no one is talking this case will be too hard to convict. No confessions. REALLY! We have also been told that the neglect/abuse charges that they would use in this case have already passed their statues of limitations for charging... Our question is, are they only looking at only misdemeanor charges... When there are felony neglect /abuse charges that would apply to this case here.

It has also come to our attention that proper protocol was not followed by the responding officer in this case. We couldn’t understand why this case hasn’t been prosecuted... well now we may know why! Once Juliette’s broken little body was removed from the home, the responding officer left the scene without securing it. This officer also did not request a search warrant properly the first time, so a second search warrant needed to be obtained and so the house was not sealed off until 5 days after Juliette’s death. During this time people were coming and going at will. Also, none of the adults that were in the house were officially interviewed until days after Juliette's death resulting in time for them to create a cover. Also, they have failed the lie detector tests and still nothing has been done in this case. The DA said, "Just because someone isn't telling the truth or their story changes doesn't mean they are guilty." Again really!!

This case was botched from the beginning and then covered up! It is time that someone answers for their mistakes and stands up for the life of this precious little girl!

This tragedy was never anything our family expected. At the time this occurred my parents had moved from Gering, Nebraska back to Green Bay WI for 3 years. The mother decided she wanted to be single again after only a year of marriage & my brother had no where to go but back home to his family in Wisconsin without the girls because mommy wasn't going to let the father have them. My brother then decided to enlist in the Army. He has 7 brothers and sisters besides many other extended family members but unfortunately we all live in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio. There was none of his family living in Nebraska to see what was happening to his little girls. As you have read mommy was involved in drugs, had two boyfriends living with her and liked to party at the children's expense. My brother had sent nearly $7,000 to support the twin's in 7 months and mommy was still over 3 months behind in rent and utilities. She chose her life style and her men over her children.

This 720sq ft house had mommy, her two year old twin girls, two adult men & a 15 yo runaway living in it just weeks before Juliette's murder. There was abuse and neglect occurring in that home and the police have done nothing in this case.

Two weeks prior to Juliette's murder she was taken to the emergency room for stitches to her head at 10:00 p.m. & there are different version of stories of how the injury happened.

Less than a month before Juliette's murder mommy & her boyfriend were involved in an assault on a man with a baseball bat where her boyfriend eventually went to prison for this crime and the man he beat with the baseball bat eventually stabbed another man to death. These were the types of individuals that mommy had her two year old twin's exposed to. The mother was also present at the baseball bat felony assault and the police never even talked to her. Her boyfriend was living with her and her twins and never reported the incident leading to a delay of arrest for nearly a month. If the police had arrested them when the assault occurred then maybe CPS would have gotten involved to protect my nieces before Juliette could have been beaten to death less than a month later. So many issues with this whole case.”

We have tried so many times to right this wrong. We are trying to get National Media to read this story and report on it. This case is full of corruption and is a scandal.
Do you have any ideas how to find Juliette’s justice?

Thanks for your help,
Jessica Gladson,