High School Courses

Alyssa
Hi, I'm Alyssa. I am interested in being a Crime Scene Investigator when I grow older. I am currently in the 8th grade and I am scheduling my High School classes next semester. I was wondering which classes in High School I would have to take to be accepted, and/or which classes would look good on the application. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? If you do please e-mail me at acaldwell11@yahoo.com , as I will not be coming here so very often to check. Please and thank you, Alyssa.

Note: Please subject the title of the e-mail as Crime Scene Investigation or something near that so I don't count it as spam and delete it. Thanks!

Re: High School Courses

Dave Hammond
Many of the high school classes that will help you in crime scene investigation will probably sound pretty awful and not much fun, but are absolutley needed to be successful.

English--You have to be able to write great reports if your work will be taken seriously.

Math--Geometry--Trigonometry---Shooting reconstruction and blood spatter analysis is all about math.

Science--Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Anatomy are all important.

History ---history is full of lots of examples of crime.

Work hard in these and you will have a great foundation for work in the forensic fields.

Re: High School Courses

nutkase
hello =). im a student of grade 10 and i also have great intrest in getting into investigation since i was a kid.but now i have no clue about wich stream i should be selecting for my 11 and i also want to know weather there is any course to become a csi without studying biology.

Re: High School Courses

nutkase
hello =). im a student of grade 10 and i also have great intrest in getting into investigation since i was a kid.but now i have no clue about wich stream i should be selecting for my 11 and i also want to know weather there is any course to become a csi without studying biology.

Re: High School Courses

Dave Hammond
Biology is pretty important. If you are having a tough time with it I would encourage you to pair up with another student who can tutor you. I had to borrow a book from the Library and spend some time over the summer reading it to get ready for it. If you put your mind to it, a good grade can be yours.