How are Deaths listed in CA for car crashes?

Posted by Steph RN Steph RN
Hi I am a forensic nursing student and one of the questions at hand is what is the terminology used for Manner of deaths listed in CA for car crashes?  I have searched online and can't seem to find an answer.  Anyone have a clue to the answer or where to look for the answer???  Are they listed as accidental, homicide, suicide, manslaughter, etc. ?  Please help.  Thanks

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: How are Deaths listed in CA for car crashes?

Hey there,  the best resource that I can give you is to contact anyone at a CA Coroner's Office.  They would know for sure.  They have them all listed on their forms!
Shannon Marie Shannon Marie

Re: How are Deaths listed in CA for car crashes?

That is subjective to how they died. Not every car accident will be the same. But it could be from an accident to vehicular homicide to having alcohol involved, to ,.. on and on. Depending on if they were the cause, they were the victim, was there controlled substances involved, were there circumstances outside of the accident (IE. ice, fog, weather, deer, another animal, or human, or even another vehicle)
GL