How to became crime scene investigator?

north
Hello! I have been working as a police officer since 2001, when i finished the Hungarian Police Academy. I worked as a crime scene investigator for 7 years. I was the leader in the crime scene of murder, robbery, rape, theft, and i worked in some murder and robbery case as an investigator. I have a crime scene technician qualification, i am skilled in physical and chemical searching of evidence, photo taking. I worked as a traffic accident investigator for 8 years. I am interested in how to work in the crime scene in US, and i how to became crime scene investigator? I know, that I have to learn english very well at first... Thank You

Re: How to became crime scene investigator?

North—

It is definitely possible, but first you must have legal status to work in the United States.

To work as a non-permanent resident in the United States you would have to find an employer who will sponsor you for a temporary worker visa for a job opening they have. Since there are a lot of USA citizens applying for the CSI and forensic jobs, it will be difficult for you to get an agency to go to the trouble of sponsoring you unless you have a lot of experience or a specialty they really want. And most agencies want career employees, not temporary workers.

Another way to work legally in the United States would be to get a Green Card (Permanent Residence). It is possible to get a Green Card through a job offer. (You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.)

Meanwhile, here is a listing of over 400 Crime Scene Investigator and Forensic Scientist jobs in the United States (the most complete listing on the internet).

Re: How to became crime scene investigator?

North
Thank's.

I have more question.
Is there age limit in employment?
Is there any chance of accepted my qualificitions, or i have to learn it again in the US?

Norbert

Re: How to became crime scene investigator?

SeyiVanderpuye
The US has a diversity visa lottery program by which foreigners can apply for permanent residency and the right  to work in the USA. Hungarians should be able to apply. Some countries cannot. The website is:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html