I have a couple of questions

Daniel J H
First question is do crime scene investigators work at the coroner or police station? Second question is there a ride along program for csi like police agencies have? Thank you for your help this is my dream career that has turned my life around!

Re: I have a couple of questions

Daniel—

There are Crime Scene Investigation type jobs in Police Departments, Sheriff Departments, State Police Departments, Federal agencies (such as the FBI), Coroner Departments, District Attorney Offices, State Crime Laboratories, the Military, and others.

There are over 500 jobs listed on the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. You can look through the listings and see some of the type of agencies that have CSI jobs.

Many agencies have a ride-along program in their CSI units.

Re: I have a couple of questions

Brittany
Hi Steve,

I live in the Northern Virginia region. Would you be able to provide CSI agencies that have ride along programs?

Thanks in advance

Re: I have a couple of questions

Brittany —

I am located in California. I don't know the agencies in Northern Virginia. I suggest you just give the different agencies a call and ask them if they have ride along programs.

Brittany wrote