I need info about who to talk to

Posted by wandahoo wandahoo
I am getting ready to start classes for crime scene investiations and i have 2 mistor meaners 1 from 1992 and 1 from about 5 years ago and i want to find out if i can still get hired.  I do not want to waste my time and money if I can not get a job after I graduate.

Wilson CSI Wilson CSI

Re: I need info about who to talk to

It is still possible to be hired with 2 misdemeanors.  You are going to have to check with the agencies you want to work for.  But don't be surprised if they say no.
wandahoo wandahoo

Re: I need info about who to talk to

so do you think that i am wasting my time
wandahoo wandahoo

Re: I need info about who to talk to

 In your reply to my last post you said dint be surprised if they say no. I have tried to figure out who to contact , but I am not sure where to get the information. Could you point me in the right direction.  Just to give you a little more info on why I was arrested, in 92  I  walk home because I had been drinking and did not want drive. I was only a couple of miles from home. A couple in a pickup tried to pick me up and because I would not get in the truck they called the police on me. The other reason was for a hot check from years ago that I forgot about. Do you think that would be enough to stop me from getting a job as a CSI?
NFA_23 NFA_23

Re: I need info about who to talk to

No, those should not be bad enough to prevent you from getting hired. But you need to check with those agencies that actually charged to see if you can get them taking off. It would in your best interest to have nothing on your record.
Victoria Victoria

Re: I need info about who to talk to

The way to find out about what each agency requires is to call them yourself.  Find the police department you want to work with as a csi and call them.  Ask for someone in the investigations department and just ask them.  That is also a good way to find out about their hiring requirements and so on.  Most departments will only not hire you if you have a felony, or what is considered a seriouse misdemeanor.  It varries from department to department.  Most often someone who works in the criminal investigations department is more than willing to speak with you.
wandahoo wandahoo

Re: I need info about who to talk to

Thanks for the info.

The way to find out about what each agency requires is to call them yourself.  Find the police department you want to work with as a csi and call them.  Ask for someone in the investigations department and just ask them.  That is also a good way to find out about their hiring requirements and so on.  Most departments will only not hire you if you have a felony, or what is considered a seriouse misdemeanor.  It varries from department to department.  Most often someone who works in the criminal investigations department is more than willing to speak with you.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/I-need-info-about-who-to-talk-to-tp3776182p3819998.html
To unsubscribe from Re: I need info about who to talk to, click here.

wandahoo wandahoo

Re: I need info about who to talk to

Thanks for the info.

No, those should not be bad enough to prevent you from getting hired. But you need to check with those agencies that actually charged to see if you can get them taking off. It would in your best interest to have nothing on your record.

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/I-need-info-about-who-to-talk-to-tp3776182p3810061.html
To unsubscribe from Re: I need info about who to talk to, click here.

MsBecky MsBecky

Re: I need info about who to talk to

Those should not be bad enough to not get hired, unless there are others applying that your in competition with for the job, but they will ask you questions about the misdemeanors at your interview, so be prepared to answer them. Check out this page, it has good info that might help you http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/becomeone.html
wandahoo wandahoo

Re: I need info about who to talk to

Thanks so much for your reply. I have already been looking at that web site and have found a bunch of helpful information.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Wanda

Re: I need info about who to talk to

It all depens on what agency you are going to work for. Many departments and agencies require " good moral character " by that they mean someone with a clean record. Good luck, dont be discouraged  !