I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

Kyli McDonald
 Hey, my class is doing a career project and we are required to have an interview from what career we are doing. I choose to do Crime Scene Investigator and now I need to interview one.

 1. What is it like to work in this field?
 2. What,in your opinion, is the hardest part of this job?
 3. Who do you work with daily?
 4. How many hours in a day/week do you usually work?
 5. Does it matter where you get your education?
 6. Does doing this job put you at risk or not?
 7. (This is most likely the dumbest question I could possibly ask..) Is your work similar to the work I could see on CSI: Miami? Or Law and Order: SVU?

   Spasibo in advance for the help! ^_^

                        ~Kyli M.
Liz

Re: I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

Liz
I love working as a CSI. It's stressful a lot of the time, being out in the weather, never knowing what you're going to find when you get to a scene, but it's also very rewarding. Knowing that I found something that will link a suspect to the crime, and once (s)he is convicted of the crime - there is no better feeling than collecting all the pieces to the puzzle.

The hardest part, for me, is seeing hurt kids. Child abuse cases, kidnappings, those are the worst for me.

There is no "daily" routine. The job is different everyday.

The shifts change with the department, there is no set schedule for everyone. One place I worked, it was three people from 6am-3pm, a different three people from 3pm-10pm, and two others from 10pm-6am. Other departments are strictly on a call out basis.

Where you get your education doesn't matter, you just need to have enough that departments will actually want to hire you.

There is HUGE risk with this job, so much that I can't even decide where to start. Safety is probably the biggest risk. You never know who is going to be on a crime scene, and although there are usuall police officers there, you never know who could be carrying a weapon and hurt you. Weather is also a risk. Driving to a scene, being out in the weather at the scene, it's all dangerous.

NO!!! REAL LIFE IS NOTHING LIKE TV!!! I know it's rude to use all caps lock, but that's how important this is. My first day of school, all my teachers told me to stop watching those shows because they are NOTHING like real life.

Hope this helps!

Re: I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

Kyli McDonald
Thank you so much that really does help!

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Liz [via Crime Scene Investigator Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To unsubscribe from I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project, click here.
NAML

Re: I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

Michelle Monroe
Do you need to just get responses or actually speak to one? If so I would be more than happy to share my experience with you. I work for an agency in Orlando Florida.

NAML

ts

hi, i was looking through messages to help help me with a school project and i was wondering if you could  help me by answering a few questions.
Liz

Re: I need to interveiw a CSI for help in my career project

Liz
Sure, what are your questions?