I want to be a CSI

Song K.
Hi, Im a freshman in a 4 year colloege.
 Im a pre med student but I wants to become a crime scene investigator
 I googled how to become a CSI and many were not good information
 anyone who works in CSI field please tell me
 1) what is good major
 2) best CSI colloege
 3) step by step what I need to do (classes that I have to take) to become CSI
 4)Do I have to be a premed student to become CSI?
 5) where do I apply to work for the federal and state government?
 6) what kinds of test do I have take and when?
 Thank you and PLease be detail as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I want to be a CSI

Song—

Note: My suggestions are for finding jobs and education in the United States.

I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

You can look for colleges and universities here:

I suggest you look at the job openings on the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. You will be able to see what different agencies require for education, majors, experience, etc. It varies between agencies. Many of the job listings are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what employers require. You will find that many jobs require a degree, but some do not. Of course, you will be more completive if you have a degree. And no, you do not need to be a premed student to be a CSI.

When it becomes time to apply for jobs you simply apply directly with the agency when they have an opening. The testing procedures vary between agencies. If you want to keep up with new jobs as they are posted you can subscribe to the Crime Scene Investigator twitter feed at https://twitter.com/csinetwork. New jobs are posted daily and tweets go out five times a week.

Song K. wrote