INTERVIEW

Kassidy
Hi, my name is Kassidy and I am a Junior at Garden Grove High School and I am currently doing a school project on crime scene investigators. I have to interview an expert, (Someone in the feild) or someone who knows the questions that I am about to ask. Please feel free to answer so I can turn my project in tomorrow.

1. What Kind of evidence is focused on in this profession? (Crime Scene Investigator)

2. How are the evidence processed? (Specifically - the chain of custody)

3. What kind of education and training is required to be in this profession? What is the starting salary?

4. What skills and characteristics are necessary to be a successful forensic scientist?

Re: INTERVIEW

Elizabeth
All evidence is focused on in the profession. Physical evidence, biological evidence, trace evidence. We collect it all.

Processing evidence and chain of custody are two totally different things. Processing evidence has to do with finding out what is on the evidence that can link to your suspect. Chain of custody is a list of who had the evidence and for what reason. Our evidence techs keep the chain of custody and we sign for the item when we take it to process, then we sign it back over to the evidence techs.

I went to college for 4 years. A lot of departments want hands on experience, and don't really care about formal education. Starting salary varies depending on where in the country you're working and the cost of living in the area.

Honesty, integrity, trustworthy-ness, common sense, good communication skills - all good traits to have.

Re: INTERVIEW

latisha
hi i go to douglas byrd high school and im  doing an senior project on crime scene investigation and i have to have an interview with an professional please answer the questions
#1 how long have you been in the criminal justice field?
#2 what kind of skills does a person have to have to be in the criminal field?
#3 what made you want to go into criminal justice field?
#4 what are the down sides of being in the field?
#5 if you had any advice for me what would it be for college?

Re: INTERVIEW

latisha
hi i go to douglas byrd high school and m doing an senior project on crime scene investigator and i have to do an interview with an professional so i can get my grade. pleas answer the following questions.
#1how long have you been in the criminal justice field?
#2 what kind of skills does a person need to be in criminal field?
#3 what made you wan to go into criminal justice field?
#4 does the job affect you at any way?
#5 what are the down sides of being in the field?
#6 if you had any advice for me what would it be for college?