Injuries in question

Tish
My step dad is convicted of murder. We are trying to prove he is innocent. One of the things that he is working on is that there was a second robbery after his group left. There are phone records that support this but the medical examiner was not privy to the second intrusion information. We have a couple questions to see if our thinking is in the right place.
Question 1:
 If laceration occurs immediately before death, is there going to be a notable difference between the separate lacerations? If so could you give an idea of what kind of difference?
(The injury caused at robbery 1 appear to have scabbed, while all the rest from robbery 2 have no scabs and the edges look like they are kinda black or something.
Question 2:
 A time of death issue. With the following information could you give an approximate time of death? If so what would it be?
State expert says he died right after fatal injuries were inflicted but have refused to assert time of death. The 1st robbery was approx. 1am-1:15am while neighbor reports disturbance at 3:01am.
That said: On the day of said robberies day time temps were mid 80s according to the report. Moderate humidity and clear skies. Deceased was found in home with all doors, blinds, and windows closed at approx 1645. At 1930 crime scene techs entered noting the front door was left open since initial discovery. At 2000 outdoor temp is 81.4F. At 2007 inside is 77.1F. No air-conditioning but before discover everything had remained closed in a well-insulated dwelling. So leaving the door open 3 hours would increase inside temps drastically.
Physical examination: Rigor was fixed. With thermometer + j-gas probe inserted at 2040 rectally. At 2055 subject core 85.8F. At 2110 subject 85.8F. At 2125 subject 85.6F. At 2140 subject 85.4F.