Interested in becoming a Fingerprint Examiner, I can help.

Interested in becoming a Fingerprint Examiner, I can help.

Boyd Baumgartner
I see a lot of posts where people ask what they should study or how can they get a job.  A job in forensics is difficult because it takes experience to get experience.  Forensic science degrees leave you with a lot of theory and not a lot of skills.  Now, it's different.

I am now teaching online at Marymount College, Palos Verdes. My course leaves you with actual skills you can use to pass the comparison tests that many agencies require you to pass before they'll even give you an interview.  Now you can learn the theory, the terminology and the practical skills to get your foot in the door for that job you've been wanting.

Here's the description of my class from the website, sign up for the next session!

FSI 302 Forensic Fingerprint Evidence (3). This course covers the theory and comparison methodology of fingerprint individualization. The course explores the anatomical concepts underlying the biological uniqueness and persistence of friction ridge skin as well as classification techniques, analysis and comparison methods. Realizing that skill is developed through a combination of theory, apprenticeship and practical application, this course incorporates all three elements utilizing book reading, video tutorials and practical application of concepts. Students will be assessed through a series of comprehensive questions at the end of each module taken from the reading as well as through the application of the methods learned in a series of practical exercises. Considering the discipline makes use of consensus and peer review, discussion is highly encouraged. This course is designed for professionals who want to enhance the underlying theory of their discipline as well as students who are seeking to pursue a career in friction ridge comparison.

Re: Interested in becoming a Fingerprint Examiner, I can help.

Boyd Baumgartner
I've put up a free chapter from the book I wrote and will be using for the class.  You can get a sample of some of the ideas in the class.  This chapter is on Methods of Examination.

http://www.fs2d2.com/docs/FRE-Chp3.pdf

If you want to know more, email me.  Boyd dot Baumgartner at gmail dot com