Internship

Jasmine
I will be graduating from college in the spring and was wondering if I had to do an internship before I can get a job in my field.  If so any suggestions of where and how?  I live in the San Francisco/East Bay Area of California.  Any help would be great.

Jasmine

Re: Internship

Coleen
Internships are not a requirement; however, it will benefit you to do one for as long as you can. Many agencies are looking to hire people with real-life hands-on experience and interning is the best way you can obtain that experience. Good luck to you!

Re: Internship

Jasmine
Thank you so much for getting back to me with that information.  Do you know which agencies I should contact?

Thanks again.

Re: Internship

Coleen
Contact your local, county, and state police agencies to see if any of them offer internships or volunteering.  You have to be very pro-active and seek them out.