Internships in Connecticut for Crime Scene Investigators

Internships in Connecticut for Crime Scene Investigators

Jen Roy
Does anyone know of any places where I should start first for an internship? I am about to graduate from Everest University and I know that most jobs want you to have work experience under your belt. I want to continue on to get my BS in Criminology since it is very hard to get a job with AA. Is it best to contact police department, laboratories or call the local government?  I am trying for a paid internship with the FBI in New Haven and it is a paid internship. Lastly if anyone knows of any leads or possible mentors I may ask for help? I want to specialize in ballistics and firearms I am hoping that will give me some competitive edge in the field. Has anyone had luck from graduating and landing a job asap? Please help I am a Veteran with US Army for over 8 years, a single mother with a 6 year old son. Thanks again