Interview Questions

Lisa King
Does anyone have a list of interview questions for civilain Crime Scene Technicains they would be willing to share?

Re: Interview Questions

Danielle
When I hired in, the questions I was asked included (but was not limited to):
- How I would handle the graphic nature of crime scenes.
- How I would cope with the physical nature of scenes (climbing on roofs, under cars)
- Ethics questions (if I were asked to do something I was uncomfortable with, or knew was wrong, by a supervisor or colleague, what would I do...)
- Prior experience in the field (coursework, testimony, lab experience, photography, PPE, etc).
- How I would handle finding a suspect hiding on scene (we are civilians at a Police Dept who sometimes are processing parts of scenes with little officer contact).
- Clerical experience (we also run the warrant check on subjects and release records and vehicles to public)
- How I would handle being approached/questioned by the press

We were also tested on our reading comprehension, typing and computer skills, data entry, ability to code data, and knowledge of fingerprinting (both rolling prints on arrestees, as well as lifting prints from surfaces). Hope that helps!!

Re: Interview Questions

lakiya
Thank you for that information. I have a phone interview for a CSI position. I'm very nervous about what they will be asking. Your information helped me a lot.  What was your toughest question and how did you answer it?