Interview a CSI professional

Alyssa
I need to interview a CSI professional for a paper.  Does anyone know of anyone I could email or call?
the questions are listed here for what they need to answer:

What is your official title?
What kind of schooling did you have to go through?
Are you required to be a police officer?
What is the stating salary?
Why did you choose this profession?
Was it hard to reach "that goal"?
Is it mentally hard to do the job sometimes? Do you get used to it?
How is your position different from other law enforcement professions?
How many years of experience do you have?
What kinds of opportunities are there for advancement?
What is your favorite part of the job?
Least favorite?

Re: Interview a CSI professional

Dave Hammond
I need to interview a CSI professional for a paper.  Does anyone know of anyone I could email or call?
the questions are listed here for what they need to answer:

What is your official title? Special Agent-Crime Scene Unit
What kind of schooling did you have to go through? 2 year Law Enforcement Degree--Lots of additional schools in shooting reconstruction, blood spatter analysis, fingerprint examination and photography
Are you required to be a police officer? Yes
What is the stating salary? $55,000 plus overtime
Why did you choose this profession? Started as a police officer and loved the photography aspect
Was it hard to reach "that goal"? Yes-lots of studying and classes
Is it mentally hard to do the job sometimes? Do you get used to it? Yes, somewhat. Its okay that it bothers you some, because that means that you are still normal.
How is your position different from other law enforcement professions? Task and job specific areas of expertise.
How many years of experience do you have? 10
What kinds of opportunities are there for advancement? Some. Mostly a few steps into supervision.
What is your favorite part of the job? Helping find great answers to serious questions.
Least favorite? Seeing people that suffered.

Hope this helped.

Re: Interview a CSI professional

tenebeenie
wow this helped alot thanks

Re: Interview a CSI professional

sandra diaz
Hi, my name is sandra. Im a studant at San Benito High Shool, and  I'm duing a reserch project on becoming a csi evidence colector. I know you're really busy, but i was wondering if you can answer me a couple questions aboute the world's gratest profession? Im really sorry i dont mean to interupt your whole day do you think we can talk sometime tomorrow after 4. It will only take a few minutes to get the information i need, but i'd love to have a loger conversation. If calling is not possible than the questions i would like to ask you are ;
  What is the most rewarding or fulfilling aspect of your work?
   What are the most challenging aspects aboute being a CSI evidence colector?
   If you wer a high school freshman today, what would you do to start training yourself for a career in csi evidence colector?
    Do you have a family that you can spend time with with this career?

Re: Interview a CSI professional

Dave Hammond
What is the most rewarding or fulfilling aspect of your work?

Giving Police Officers, Prosecutors & Defense Attorneys specific answers that provide a solid picture of what happened at a crime scene.

   What are the most challenging aspects aboute being a CSI evidence colector?

Not being able to provide all of the answers. Many times the "why" never gets answered.

   If you wer a high school freshman today, what would you do to start training yourself for a career in csi evidence colector?

Good college prep classes. Biology, chemistry, anatomy, high end Math is needed for the reconstruction aspect, photography classes, advanced english, typing courses

    Do you have a family that you can spend time with with this career?

I do have a family and we do spend lots of time together. Family is my number one priority. It helps that we are grounded in our faith in God. This is a great career to have and can be lots of fun but my faith and family will always come first. With all of the stuff we see, this is my stabilizer-my foundation.

Thanks for your questions,

Dave

Re: Interview a CSI professional

Horacio Hernandez
Hey i am currently doing a research paper about csi also if you got some information please help me beacuse i cant contact anyone. i only have a few questions:

where did he/she attend school?
How long did it take?
What has this career meant for you?
and why did you choose this carrer?
if you have the answers to some of these questions please help me.