Interview about investigation techniques

Interview about investigation techniques

Michael K.
I am writing a book about people who fake their deaths and I am interested in talking to a crime scene investigator briefly about the techniques used in the investigation of accidental death and murder scenes. Specifically, I would like to know how it is possible to determine if something like a car fire has been staged in the possible falsification of a death. My e-mail address is msk5n AT virginia.edu and I very much appreciate any help that can be provided.