Interview questions for an assignment

Terri Mulhern
I have 10 questions that I would like someone to answer for an assignment if at all possible. The assignment is due next week and I need to get a head start. Thank you.
1. What goes through your mind when you’re assigned a story?
2. In your experience, what makes a “good” crime story or courtroom story?
3. How do you check or confirm information you receive while investigating a story?
4. What happens if there is an error in the story?
5. What kind of relationship do you have with law enforcement? The courts?
6. How do you get your information about a crime?
7. What are the limits when it comes to reporting crime scene information?
8. When you arrive on the scene, what’s generally happening?
9. How do you get witnesses, detectives, family members and so on to talk to you?

Re: Interview questions for an assignment

widget1944
1. What do you feel yourself perhaps about the victim involved
2. The drama of the story without it being too gratuitous
3. Check through the internet, perhaps have a polite word with the investigating officer to ensure that the information is correct
4. Speak to someone in authority[e.g the police officer concerned] or the Internet although the final one could be vulnerable for other errors
5. Hopefully respectful and convivial
6. Explore Google, compare the information you receive, are there any discrepancies
7. The cordoning off, accept nothing, believe nobody and check the information, listen hard and weigh up the evidence
8. The area will be cordoned off to prevent contamination of the evidence, forensics will be busy gathering evidence, wearing 'goon suits'
9. Be tactful and polite, especially family members, diplomacy in these situations is far from easy, detectives may initially feel uneasy about the press in the early stages of the investigation. witnesses unrelated may be more conducive

By the way, that is nine questions, where is the tenth?.

On 20 January 2017 at 21:14, Terri Mulhern [via Crime Scene Investigator Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have 10 questions that I would like someone to answer for an assignment if at all possible. The assignment is due next week and I need to get a head start. Thank you.
1. What goes through your mind when you’re assigned a story?
2. In your experience, what makes a “good” crime story or courtroom story?
3. How do you check or confirm information you receive while investigating a story?
4. What happens if there is an error in the story?
5. What kind of relationship do you have with law enforcement? The courts?
6. How do you get your information about a crime?
7. What are the limits when it comes to reporting crime scene information?
8. When you arrive on the scene, what’s generally happening?
9. How do you get witnesses, detectives, family members and so on to talk to you?

http://crime-scene-investigator-forum.1487094.n2.nabble.com/Interview-questions-for-an-assignment-tp7574256.html
To unsubscribe from Crime Scene Investigator Forum, click here.
NAML