Inteview Questions

Layla B
In need of answers for the following questions for anyone working in a forensic science field, Thanks.

What do you do in your job as a ________?

What tools/skills do you use in order to successfully do your job?

What environment do you work in on a daily basis?

What type of educational background is required for your job?

What experience is required?

What is the average starting salary?

What is the potential for the max salary?
Liz

Re: Inteview Questions

Liz
In need of answers for the following questions for anyone working in a forensic science field, Thanks.

What do you do in your job as a Crime Scene Investigator?

What tools/skills do you use in order to successfully do your job?
Many including cheap things - flashlights, magnifying glasses
Mid-cost items - Fingerprint brushes and powders
Expensive items - Alternate light source, static lifts, camera, diagram programs

What environment do you work in on a daily basis?
Depends on the day. Some days I'm in the field, which can be a house or apartment or outside in a field, parking lot, park, etc. Other days I'm stuck in the office.

What type of educational background is required for your job?
I have an AAS in Criminal Justice and a BTECH in Criminal Investigations

What experience is required?
Many departments want experience as a CSI before they will hire you as a CSI, but in  order to get  a job, you need experience. It's tough!

What is the average starting salary?
I started at 40,000 Other places I looked started at 28,000. Depends on the area and the cost of living there

What is the potential for the max salary?
Depends on where you are.

Re: Inteview Questions

Trevin Giles
Hello Liz, I was just wondering if maybe I could get a small interview with you via email. I am a student at Texas Southern University and I am majoring in the Administration of Justice with aspirations to become a police officer and hopefully make the Houston PD SWAT team. However I am also very interested in crime scene investigation and I would absolutely love to do a short interview with you if possible. If interested please Email me at trevingiles@yahoo.com Thank you!