Just starting out

Kaylyn
I am 18 years old and I have completed my Associate's in Science in Crime Scene Technology as well as my High School Diploma. I am searching for an entry level Crime Scene Investigator position or a training position. I do not have any experience besides my degree, which is what I am having difficulties with. Most internships want you to still be in school in order to apply. Almost every job I have seen on here is wanting some type of experience and it is so frustrating. So I have no related experience but I have my degree, what should I do next in order to land my dream job? Does anyone know of a training class or related work experience within the state of Florida? Thank you in advance.

Re: Just starting out

Joseph
Hello,

I can tell you from personal experience that many Sheriff's Office and some Police Departments have a volunteer program which consisted of volunteering in the Forensic section.  I would inquire with your local agencies and ask to speak with the volunteer coordinator to see you can explore that opportunity.  After volunteering for a year, I was able to find work in crime scene.  Hope this helps!
dc

Re: Just starting out

dc
I applied for CSI positions without experience as well and got nowhere. I then started to apply for jobs adjacent to CSI for example,  I did Fingerprint analysis ( my certification came with fingerprint certs) but also evidence techs, dispatchers, Police aides or Community service aides. These all will get you experience in law enforcement, and get your foot in the door. I worked for a year and a half as a Fingerprint tech and then applied as a CSI and had no problems getting the job.

Re: Just starting out

russellrexroad321
Presently in light of the fact that the innovation is still new and many individuals need Crime Scene Technology or they are from a more seasoned age and are stuck in their ways. There are many individuals out there that trust the Crime Scene Technology course of things is the best way to get things done in police Crime Scene Technology work. Uk Essay Help