Does anyone know how to find courses in just latent fingerprint examination and get a ceritification in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?  Any suggestions or ideas would be very, very welcome!  Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Wilson CSI Wilson CSI

Re: Latent Fingerprint Examiner

The IAI (International Association of Identification) is the only professional certification that I know of in the US.  I have been doing latent print work for 6 and half years now.  I just submitted my application to the IAI to take the exam.

There are some colleges that offer certificate programs for latent print work.  But these are not true certifications.

You can look on the IAI website for classes in your area (www.theiai.org) or google your state chapter of the IAI which host training conferences or could point you in the right direction for some training in your area.  If you are not already in law enforcement then you may have a problem getting into some of the classes.
Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Latent Fingerprint Examiner

You should check out the schools listed under Texas, there are quite a few to choose from.  http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/csi-training.html