Latent Print Development on Thermal Paper

Latent Print Development on Thermal Paper

kirstenk_hall
Does anyone have any suggestions on developing latents on thermal paper without destroying the paper? We have Oil Red O, but are out of the buffer chemical and I hesitate to use the solution without the buffer since it could make the paper brittle. I'm at a fairly small department so our resources and chemicals are fairly limited. Thanks for any help!

Re: Latent Print Development on Thermal Paper

CSI_Tink

Re: Latent Print Development on Thermal Paper

Joyce
HI, maybe I introduce you Forensic Infrared NDT Fingerprint Development equipment:
1. No need chemical reagent. Therefore, it will not pollute the paper.
2. It can effectively manifest the fingerprints on the kinds of tissue paper that have a loose structure, on which the fingerprints are hardly manifested using traditional method.
3. Fingerprints can be completely manifested, without missing parts, even if the fingerprints with a little sweat can be manifested.
4. Two manifestation methods:
A.After treatment(needs 15minutes), fingerprints are manifested under laser irradiation, with which method the DNA can be extracted without DNA destruction.
B.After treatment(needs 25minutes), fingerprints can be seen directly under natural light, with which method that the DNA will be destructed 30-40%, about 60% will not be destructed.
THREE VIDEO for your reference:
Napkin paper for test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vON8EUcV_Ms
A4 paper for test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t95CFk5jIs
Envelope paper for test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0M4ZzDCs4

I will exhibit the Infrared Non-destructive fingerprint development equipment in the upcoming the IAI 102nd International Forensic Educational Conference(August 6-12, 2017 ) Atlanta Georgia. Please come by booth #513 to say hello and firsthand experience it.

Joyce