Masters degree?

Belinda
I will be graduating with a degree in Biotechnology and my dream job is to become a criminalist. I am interested in getting a Master's but I am not quite sure I would like to pursue an M.S. in Forensics. May I pursue an M.S. in Toxicology, which I am very interested in, or what other science do you recommend?

Re: Masters degree?

Belinda—

There are over 500 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Look through the job listings for criminalist positions to see what the different agencies require in education. You will see that generally you do not need a Masters for a criminalist job, but they usually require a BS in a hard science such as biology or chemistry. I don't know if a degree in Biotechnology would qualify you.

My advice is to decide where you want to work, find out what they require in education, and then get that level of education.

Belinda wrote