Masters degrees

Chris
Hi I'm just looking for some advice on which Masters is most likely to lead to a job. I have a degree in Biotech, a diploma in crime scene investigation methods and have been a police officer for 7 years. I am hoping to do a Masters either in Ballistics, explosives or just a general one that broadly cover various topics. Can people recommend which qualification is in the greater demand, in general. Location within the states is not an issue as I would relocate for a job.
Appreciate any help
 Cheers

Re: Masters degrees

Misty
Chris-

It really depends on what type of job you're looking for? Most of these don't require a Master's. Have you looked through the job listings on this page? If you get a job in a city big enough, they might cover part of your tuition for a Master's. As a warning- if you're over 35, don't count on getting a job in this field. They will not hire someone over 35- discrimination? Yes but they can't tell you it's why you're not hired. I just know from personal experience. Are you still a police officer? Some departments will hire within the department for jobs such as a crime scene investigator. Look around and decide what position you're after. Good Luck!