Math used in forensics

Posted by Morgan Morgan
Hello! I'm an incoming freshman going into forensics. Right now I'm not doing too hot and calculus, and I'm scared that if I go into forensics and I have things calculus I won't be too successful. How much calculus do you guys to use in the job? I'm fine with all their maths.

Coleen Coleen

Re: Math used in forensics

If math is used, it's mostly trigonometry.
Neil Neil

Re: Math used in forensics

0.0% of your career will have calculus. You'll have to count whole numbers and maybe enter a few numbers into a scientific calculator for trigonometry....with the help of a cheat sheet, if you happen to be working in the lab as a firearms expert. But for a CSI, all you ever use is addition and subtraction