My dream

cw0828
Hello,

     My name is Courtney. I am 20 years old and wanting to become a Crime Scene Investigator, to be more specific I want to become an Evidence Collector. I am not sure how to start though. I need some guidance, do I need to go to college and if so for what? I just want to know what to do and how to get started.

     Thanks,
         Courtney

Re: My dream

Harry Atkins
You will need a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or forensic science, a good written/ oral  communication skills as well as organizational skills for starters. To get a job in CSI, certified courses possess an heavy weight. The courses are CPES or CCPES. For this you must be an existing IAPE (International Association for Property and Evidence, Inc.) member. These courses are not just for CSI so you can apply for any law enforcement job.

Re: My dream

Check out the IAI website too for training that might be offered in your area.   www.theiai.org

Re: My dream

Sknappa2s
I also think being involved in organizations will help you when you complete your degree.  Check out the American College of Forensic Examiners Institute.  It is not a college per se but it is an organization that certifies people in the forensic field. The phone number is 800-423-9731, ask for Shellie.