Need a Direction

MichaelB1
I'm considering changing careers and not sure what I need to do.  My questions are online schools just as "accepted" these days as oposed to brick and mortar schools.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could read or research to get a job as a CSI?

Michael

Re: Need a Direction

Michael--

You can begin your research to get a job as a CSI by reading the Becoming a Crime Scene Investigator page on this website.

As far as your question about online schools being as accepted these days as brick and mortar schools, there may still be a few places that still look down on online schools. But more and more places understand the quality online colleges and universities offer solid training and degrees.

Online colleges and universities offer many advantages over "brick and mortar schools":

  • Cost: Online degrees are considerably more affordable than campus based programs. Tuition is often less and housing and commuting costs are eliminated.

  • Time: Online degree programs can normally be completed in less time than degrees at campus based colleges and universities. Most courses can be completed on your schedule.

  • Availability: Where ever you are located you can earn the degree you want online. The degree program you want may not be offered at a local campus.

You can see a list of online colleges on our On-Line College and University Programs page.

MichaelB1 wrote
I'm considering changing careers and not sure what I need to do. My questions are online schools just as "accepted" these days as oposed to brick and mortar schools. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could read or research to get a job as a CSI?..

--Steve

Re: Need a Direction

MichaelB1
Thanks, I'm going  to contact all the schools listed.

Re: Need a Direction

MichaelB1
I should of researched before I asked for info--20+ calls in 2 days..