Need a real csi to answer these questions

Posted by alabama7777 alabama7777
I changed my major from paralegal to criminal justice because as a teen I have always wanted to investigate murders and walk into the crime scene and fiqure out why people are killed and who did it.  I have been told that this is a waste of time because you have to become a street cop first before you can become a csi is this true?  I do not want to be a street cop I want to be a csi that is my passion.  Also I heard from m dads cousin who has been a cop for 28 years said that it all depends on the agency is this true?  This is a big desion for me to make and also it's money that I have to pay back from going to school and I just want to make sure that I am making the best decision for me and my family.  So if there really are any real csi's out there please answer my questions.  Or you can e-mail me nicole.guillotte@yahoo.com