Non-lethal weapons

klgoode31
To all current and past CSI's...

Do any of you currently or in the past carried some form of non-lethal self defense weapon while in the field? I know that there are police officers and detectives at these scenes that we are working, I think I would feel better with some form or protection.

Have any of you encountered this situations? Or have addressed this with the chain of command?

Any information would be most helpful?

Re: Non-lethal weapons

When I worked in the field I was a sworn officer (Detective) so I was armed.

I know of at least one Police Department that issues its civilian CSIs concealed weapons permits and encourages them to be armed while at crime scenes. However, most civilian CSIs have to rely on the police officer assigned to the scene for protection.

—Steve

klgoode31 wrote