Nothing in Northeast?

MDM

Nothing in Northeast?

MDM
I've been visiting this site for almost a year now and I still have not seen one Crime Scene Technician job in or around Pennsylvania.  Is there a reason that I'm not aware of for this?  Do you have to be a sworn officer to work as a crime scene technician in this state?  I don't think I have seen any in New Jersey either.  I'm willing to move but almost everything I see in the job listings is in the Western area of the country.  There is crime in the eastern portion of the country right?  Please help!

Re: Nothing in Northeast?

csiShorty
There are other forensic job opportunity sites. Have you tried visiting theiai.org or aafs.org? You may find different postings there. I check all three sites multiple times a week in case one site has a post that isn't on the other.
MDM

Re: Nothing in Northeast?

MDM
Yeah I only know of this site but thank you for the link.  I'm checking it out now.

Re: Nothing in Northeast?

CSIGrad
I literally just posted a similar thread.  I'm in the NJ/NY area and can't find anything either.  Most jobs are way out in the west or in FL. Not sure what to do either. :(

Re: Nothing in Northeast?

Sara Staggs
If you know what location you would like to work in, you can always call the agencies in those areas and ask them directly.  Manytimes, individual sites that provide job announcement services may not get notified of all job opportunities out there.