Otaining a career in the Forensic Investigations Field

Otaining a career in the Forensic Investigations Field

plug428
I recently graduated with my Nurse Practitioner's degree and studying for the Broads at this time.  I have always wanted to be a forensic investigator.  Also, I took an online forensic course with Kaplan University that was very exciting to me in 2007.  I live in South Florida and willing to relocate if need be in order to pursue my career in forensic investigations.  If anyone have a job opening that will allow me to train on the job, then please email me at plug428@aol.com or call me at (561) 881-2610.

In addition, I now work as a Psych Charge Nurse on the crisis unit at a local psych facility in West Palm Beach Florida.  I have been working as a psych registered nurse for 11 years and love every moment.  Lastly, I will be a great access to the forensic investigation field because of all the psych experience as well as the master degree I just completed in the Science of Nursing.  Thank You!  Milton

Re: Otaining a career in the Forensic Investigations Field

Milton—

There are jobs available all the time. Not only are there new job positions being added, there are people retiring and resigning (not everyone sticks with a job).

There are over 200 jobs listed on the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. These are just the jobs we are aware of. There are many additional jobs that are not posted on our site.

That being said, there is a lot of competition for these jobs. So here is a tip if you have trouble getting a job: Apply for a "related" job, such as a Forensic Autopsy Technician, Evidence Custodian, Property Officer, Community Service Officer, etc. This can be a way to "get your foot in the door" or gain on-the-job experience that will help in getting the job you want later.

To get in this career field you may find you need to move to a different location to get an entry level job. But once you have worked a while in that entry level position you will have the experience required for other jobs.

You can sign up for a daily email of new CSI and Forensic Science job postings. The email alerts go out 3 to 4 times a week and have 10 to 15 new jobs each day. Or you can sign up on twitter and receive the new job post alerts that way. Sign up at http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/jobalerts.html