Photography resources

carlaCSI
I was wondering if anyone had a good resource book for crime scene photography?

Re: Photography resources

NFA_23
'Crime Scene Photographby' Edward Robinson is good. I was clueless on photography prior to reading it. Its one of those books that may be less technical then it could be, but it is very easy to follow. It's also on the IAI list for CSI 1, 2, and 3 (which I think is important).

Re: Photography resources

carlaCSI
Thanks for the information.  When I was trained photography wasn't covered in depth so I need to train myself.

Re: resource book for crime scene photography

I have been teaching Crime Scene and Evidence Photography for about 24 years. Several years ago I wrote a field guide, entitled the Crime Scene and Evidence Photographer's Guide. The field guide is designed to be carried as a reference in the field, when processing crime scenes. The book is in its 2nd edition, having sold over 10,000 copies. It is used by crime scene investigators and as a text book in some college courses.

You can learn more about the book at http://www.staggspublishing.com/CSEPG.html

Re: resource book for crime scene photography

Steve W.
I am a CSI for a small agency. I was wondering if you have an opinion on which Nikon camera (as we have Nikon lenses) is currently the best camera on the market? I was thinking the D-90 or the 300. Thank you.

Re: resource book for crime scene photography

Charlize
I work for a portable microscope company and specialized for Forensics industry. The illumination is the key factors for a good result picture. If you are interesting taking crime scene fingerprint, fiber and tool mark photos, check the link below. Thank you!

http://www.x-loupe.com/prdMGP4E-func.html