Photoshop Software

NFA_23
Hey guys! I am looking at getting some software to enhance photos of fingerprints. I have used Photoshop in the past, but I see the latest version is $699.00. Does anyone know if the Photoshop Elements allows you do things necessary for fingerprint photo enhancement? Such as Resize images 1:1, change to gray scale, and adjust contrast and saturation.

Does anyone use any other software besides Photoshop?

Re: Photoshop Software

Wilson CSI
I use Photoshop Elements to do latent print enhancements for my case work.  It does most of the enhancements I need to do.  I can do gray scale, contrast, brightness, levels, and etc... I learned how to do the one to one conversion if there is a scale in the picture.

I think there are filters you can get for the full version of Photoshop such as pattern recognition and so forth but like you it is hard to get the administration to see why we need an expensive program.  (They never see it the same way as we do).

Hope that helps.

Re: Photoshop Software

NFA_23
Thats great! That is so much cheaper! I was concerned about the resizing issue. Adobe's website was not helpfull with that.

Thanks!
'

Re: Photoshop Software

NFA_23
Hey, I got the Trial version of Photoshop Elements 7. Is it possible to reverse the image? The way I learned, when you start with a color photo of a print, you convert it to "grayscale", adjust the sharpness and contrast, and then you "Reverse" or "Invert" the image (so what was black is now white, and what was white is now black). It has been a while since I have done this, so I may be wrong. But is this possible with PSE 7?

Re: Photoshop Software

NFA_23
Never mind. I found it under filters.