Point of contact for some answers

Evan
 I am a Hospital Corpsman in the U.S. Navy.  As I prepare for a second career post military I am strongly considering a career in crime scene investigative studies and forensic sciences.    I would appreciate any advice regarding education not only with schooling but also any internship and volunteer programs used to accelerate a career.  I currently live in the southern California area and will be relocating to the Washington D.C. area in late summer 2012, thus allowing me the opportunity to visit or volunteer in the both the Los Angeles area as well as the D.C. areas.   I appreciate your time and any assistance you can offer me at this time.

Re: Point of contact for some answers

Wally Lind
Any degree in the natural sciences (physics, chemistry, biology) gives you a good background for CSI work. The best advice will come from the agencies you want to work for (DC Metro/suburbs). You can also become a cop in an agency where officers do the crime scene work (lot and lots of them).

Re: Point of contact for some answers

crimefighter
I think you should with a degree that has Forensic its major subject. Most of the forensic studies topic are related to crime scene investigation and it will be a good initiative for you.

Re: Point of contact for some answers

Jimmy Bennett - Outreach Coordinator
Wally

I'm the Outreach Coordinator for the SR Education Group and am looking for professionals or former professionals to write articles for us on Crime Scene Investigation. Being that you are very knowledgeable about the subject I am interested in hiring you for a few short articles (400-700 words) if your interested.

Please email me at outreach@sreducationgroup.org if your interested.

Thanks

Jimmy Bennett
Outreach Coordinator