Position

Arianna
i would like to be in the crime scene with the police an investigator but i do not know which position i would like to arrest people but yet ill do paper work and so on i dont know to be a crime scene investigator or forensic scientist or forensic psychologist or whch ever position please help

Re: Position

Wilson CSI
No matter what position you want to be there is going to be ALOT of paperwork.  For every hour I am on scene I have atleast an hour or two hours in the office doing paperwork.

Re: Position

Arianna—

It looks like you need to some research to decide what kind of job you want to have. I suggest you look at the following page: How to Become a Crime Scene Investigator. It should give you an idea of what you need to do to become a CSI or Forensic Scientist.

Also, there are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs. Look through the job announcements to see what duties the different jobs have and what minimum requirements employers require.

If you want to arrest people you will need to become a police officer, sheriff's deputy, state trooper, etc. Civilian Crime Scene Investigators and Forensic Scientists do not arrest people.

As Wilson CSI pointed out, there is a tremendous amount of report writing in all of these types of jobs. That is something you never see in the CSI television programs. Expect to write 2+ hours for every hour on the scene. And your writing must be top-notch. The way you wrote your question shows you can’t write well or that you are just lazy—writing like some people text. You have a long way to go if this is how you write. I suggest you take a technical writing class. You don't have to like writing, but you still have to be very good at it.

I am not trying to be mean, I just want you to know that for all of these types of jobs the hiring agency will look closely at how you write. They will look at your application and also give you a writing exercise. They don’t want to have to teach people to write. So if they see you can’t write well they will hire someone else.

Arianna wrote