Project for school on crime scene FILM photography

Project for school on crime scene FILM photography

Jennifer
Im doing a project on the progression of film into digital photography. I understand most crime labs and forensic photographers will use digital now. My question is if anyone knows of any counties or states that still use film photography for their crime scenes? And if they develop the film themselves or take it to a lab? Also im looking for timelines. What years was digital really relevant for police departments and was it considered a protocol to switch over or was it preference?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
thank you