Psychology vs Forensics

Symantha
Can i become a Crime Scene Technician or CSI with a major in psychology and minor in forensic science? After obtaining the major in psychology i plan on going into grad school for forensic studies.

Re: Psychology vs Forensics

Emzee
Yes, my major is in Psychology, but I have a minor in Criminal Justice (along with a certificate in CSI).  Just note that more education does not necessarily mean you'll get a job.  This field is highly specialized and highly competitive.  I would highly suggest interning/volunteering with law enforcement agencies to network and get a feel for the type of environment you'll be working in.  Do ride-alongs; talk to those already in the field.  Most importantly, brush up on your interview skills!!!  You can have all the qualifications in the world, look good on paper, but if you can't project it in person, you'll have a tough time getting past oral boards even over someone with less education/experience.