Qualified as a CSI in the UK, could I get work in the USA?

Qualified as a CSI in the UK, could I get work in the USA?

Aiden
I graduated from university with a degree in Crime Scene Science. I've been fruitlessly searching for a job in the UK ever since. I'm thinking now of expanding my boundaries, wondering if there is anything to prevent me getting a job as a CSI in the United States?
I'm thinking citizenship is probably a stumbling block, unless you can work in that capacity under a work permit?
Any replies are greatly appreciated and anticipated. Thanks.

Re: Qualified as a CSI in the UK, could I get work in the USA?

chris
Im in the same boat. Did you ever get anything sorted about working in the states??

Re: Qualified as a CSI in the UK, could I get work in the USA?

Aiden
No, I'm still looking. This forum is pretty dead, so I obviously didn't find the help I wanted here. Maybe the other users are just uninterested?
I'm looking to private companies in the UK for things like digital forensics at the minute, since all of the police forces have turned out to be dead ends.

Re: Qualified as a CSI in the UK, could I get work in the USA?

Aiden—

It is definitely possible, but first you must have legal status to work in the United States.

To work as a non-permanent resident in the United States you would have to find an employer who will sponsor you for a temporary worker visa for a job opening they have. Since there are a lot of USA citizens applying for the CSI and forensic jobs, it will be difficult for you to get an agency to go to the trouble of sponsoring you unless you have a lot of experience or a speciality they really want. And most agencies want career employees, not temporary workers.

Another way to work legally in the United States would be to get a Green Card (Permanent Residence). It is possible to get a Green Card through a job offer. (You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.)

Meanwhile, here is a listing of over 250 Crime Scene Investigator and Forensic Scientist jobs in the United States (the most complete listing on the internet).

Aiden wrote