Question

Steve316
I graduated from Bryant & Stratton College last April with Criminal Justice System AOS degree. I am having a hard time to find a job position. I would like to know which criminal justice system position that accept AOS degree?  I noticed that most of them want a Bachleor's degree. Let me know ASAP. I appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Question

Erin Dominguez
Yes, they usually want someone with a bachelor's degree. I'm sorry to say that.
Mar

Re: Question

Mar
Hi. I would just start contacting agencies you are interested in working for and asking. Visiting websites for these agencies typically provides a lot of valuable information. There are jobs to be had with an agency that only require high school diploma or an associates, but yes for any kind of real career or a more valuable position you will need a bachelors.

Re: Question

jersey
With the emergence and popularity of the CSI shows we have become a very "hot" field.  Unfortunately, due to this 'CSI effect' juries place an enormous emphasis on our investigative and processing knowledge and techniques, meaning cases can hinge on our efforts alone!  It also means that we are a highly scrutinized field, both in the media and in the courtroom.  That is why almost all agencies require some form of higher education which is typically a bachelor's or masters degree.  This educational requirement displays the investigator's previous knowledge, training, and experience in the field as well as lending itself to their credibility in court.

You should look into a bachelor's program if at all possible.