Question!!!!!!!

Christal Ingerman
Hi I am currently a Junior in high school and I had a question about this possible career choice. Ive always been interested in Journalism and for a while I looked into Investigative Journalism. I decided I really wanted to work with Crime Scene Investigating as well. But Ive read that to become an investigator you have to be a sworn police officer and that is not preferably the route I wanted to go. Can someone help me to understand the difference in Investigative Journalism and Crime Scene Investigating? Thank you!!!

Re: Question!!!!!!!

Elizabeth
Not to be rude, but this kind of seems like common sense to me.

Journalism is news writing. You write reports for the newspaper. Investigative journalism reporters deeply investigate a single topic of interest, often involving crime, political corruption, or corporate wrongdoing. Crime scene investigation is going out to crime scenes and finding evidence to identify who did it.

If you honestly can't tell the difference for yourself, without asking someone, I really don't think either choice is a good one for you.

Re: Question!!!!!!!

Taylor
Saying "not to be rude" doesnt give authority to say whatever you want. Last time i checked, he was asking a question, therefore he is uninformed. Are you an expert on things you dont know? Didnt think so.

Sorry I dont have an answer, but keep looking and dont stop trying to do something you want to do :)

Re: Question!!!!!!!

Elizabeth
I'm not an expert on things I don't know, but I do research before asking for help so I don't sound like a total idiot!

Journalism and Crime Scene Investigations ... just saying them, a normal person would know they are totally different things.