ROBBERY

CSIGERMANY
Hi!
I'm from Germany and I just began studying at a college in Seattle. I have a question for you, if there was a robbery and a person got shot would that classify as aggravated robbery or even attempted murder?

Thank you

Re: ROBBERY

Wilson CSI
In North Carolina it would be something like:

Armed Robbery

Assault with Deadly Weapon Intent to Kill Inflicting Serious Injury

It would be two seperate charges.

If the victim died due to the result of the gun shot wound then it would be First Degree Murder because of the felony rule.

Re: ROBBERY

CSIGERMANY
Thank you Wilson CSI!

I have another question: The victim died from the gun shot and when the offender was escaping the scene he hit another person. Would you charge him with both first degree murder and a hit and run or would you only charge him with first degree murder?

Thank you

CSIGERMANY

Re: ROBBERY

Majorlagg
In Louisiana, the first charge would be a first degree murder with the robbery being the aggravating circumstance. The "hit and run" could actually be a second degree murder as an unintentional killing during the crime.