Real CSI's please! :)

Posted by MayJ17 MayJ17
I have soooooo many questions about crime scene investigation, forensics and everything connected to it, so, I was just wondering if any REAL CSI's would be nice enough to send their email addresses? :D I'm a fourteen year old girl and I love to watch CSI and I plan to become one in the future so I thought starting now I should know some important stuff about it. I don't only need one CSI to answer my questions. There can be plenty. Hahah. So, uhm, thank you in advance! :)

lilly lilly

Re: Real CSI's please! :)

the show CSI is completly diffrent from real life.
MayJ17 MayJ17

Re: Real CSI's please! :)

Yeah, I know. I read all about the CSI Effect and others. That's why I want to clear things up by asking questions from real-life CSI's. :)
CSI CSI

Re: Real CSI's please! :)

Its a lot of paperwork, and the real CSI's are usually not Police Officer's most of the agencies now have civilian CSI. We do not carry guns, interview suspects or make arrests. We are there to find the truth of what happened.

Also, You need to look at the job market in your area. It might appear there are a lot of jobs in csi work but the demand just isn't there. The last 3 openings I have personally heard of had over 270 people apply for 1 job. Everyone is getting their criminal justice degree and are unable to get jobs in this field. Good Luck!!
MayJ17 MayJ17

Re: Real CSI's please! :)

CSI wrote
Its a lot of paperwork, and the real CSI's are usually not Police Officer's most of the agencies now have civilian CSI. We do not carry guns, interview suspects or make arrests. We are there to find the truth of what happened.
Oh, I see. Since you don't carry guns, I'm guessing you don't carry badges either? And is it true that you don't work FOR the police but WITH the police? Or am I mistaken? Thanks for answering! :)