Resumes

Dawn
I was wondering if there are good websites to post my resume to for employers actively searching for employees. Thank you for your time.

Re: Resumes

Dawn—

If your are talking about entry level Crime Scene Investigation or Forensic Science jobs in a city, county, state or federal agency, the answer is no. There is a large enough candidate pool that government agencies do not need to look for candidates. Instead they post their job openings and select from the candidates who apply.

An exception is the use of networking for the more advanced levels of Forensic Science (positions requiring more experience and management positions). An agency might know of potential candidates through networking (like professional forensic organizations) and encourage them to apply for a job opening.

There are over 250 jobs listed in the employment opportunity page of the Crime Scene Investigator Network. Many are entry level jobs.

To get in this career field you may find you need to move to a different location to get an entry level job. But once you have worked a while in that entry level position you will have the experience required for other jobs (and perhaps find a better job through networking).

Dawn wrote
I was wondering if there are good websites to post my resume to for employers actively searching for employees. Thank you for your time.

Re: Resumes

Dawn
Thank you Steve.

Re: Resumes

Elizabeth
I posted a resume on discoverpolicing.org