Retired CST and court

Tina G.
Hello,

 Has anyone else who is retired continue to receive subpoenas for depositions and if so, how did you acquire your formal reports and pictures? Perhaps I must contact the state attorney on the case?

Any information or experiences are appreciated!

Thank you,
Tina
Jay

Re: Retired CST and court

Jay
Tina, I'm not retired but I've recently started with a new agency out of state.  I was at my former agency for about a year and a half, and since I've been here I've received over 20 subpoenas.  Most of them are for court standby, but I've gotten a few for depositions and they've been conducted over the telephone.  I retained copies of all my reports (although it was only one box due to the short duration), and if needed I've gotten photo proof sheets from the State Attorney's Office.  I've gone back once to testify at a homicide trial and the possibility to return seems like it's always there.  I made it easy for them to contact me, but I question whether or not they take into account the involvement with getting someone back for trial when planning out cases.  Enjoy your retirement!