So I'm currently in college doing a science course and eventually I would like to work in the field. I have a tattoo on my forearm and am planning on getting another, and I'd just like to know how the are viewed in the workplace. They are in a place where they can be covered up my long sleeves if I need to make a court appearence of attend a formal event of any kind, and obviously in the field I would be wearing a smurf ghost costume so they wont be visable. I'm in the UK if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sara Staggs Sara Staggs

Re: Tattoos in the workplace

Usually tattoos are not an issue as long as they can be covered.  So if a long sleeve shirt will do the trick for court and your interviews, it shouldn't be a problem.  Hand, neck, and face tattoos are more than likely not appropriate.  You can also inquire at the institutions you would like to work for if you want to know for sure.